Friday, January 27, 2012

Insight to my insanity...

So, I'm gonna try this whole 'blog' thing.  I thought about doing it a few times before but then got distracted......what, me get distracted?  (I blame it on the kids, but I think I just tend to have a really short attention span.)  Most of my days I am surrounded by the three munchkins and rarely anyone who is taller than 4 feet.  My conversations are short, full of small words and often are spoken in a 'princess' voice.  During nap time or during 'quiet/book time' for the older two, I find myself talking to myself, chronicling the days events and making little comments and jokes...all to myself-usually while sweeping up the dropped and crushed cheerios and wiping spilled raviolis off the counter.  I even comment back and reply to my little stories in my head.  In my little imaginary mommy-land, I am quite popular, and beautiful, and perfect, and funny and successful in all I do.  I wake up with perfect hair, make-up applied and have the most well behaved and quiet kids in the universe.  Yes, I have a very active imagination as well. ;-)
  I know that I am not the only Mom out there with dreams of clean laundry, no dishes and quiet children.  And I know I am not the only one who blogs about the misadventures of the day, but I think this may just be an outlet for me to laugh, cry and share my everyday struggles and victories.   Even if nobody reads these, I'll feel like I've accomplished something just for me-besides, like I already mentioned-in my imaginary dream world I'm already popular!  So here's to making it through the day......whatever it may bring.  :-o

2 comments:

  1. Hi Libby !
    It's Linda Todd-Coldiron-,now, Linda Todd- Guild.(ex-demo gal at Costco) Hello Dear and your Mom And Dad are here at my new home with my new Husband! Yeah ! Having so much fun :-) Girl your cakes and imagination is stellar ! The wow factor is just over the top ! WRITE A BOOK OR BOOKLET on your things!
    Blessings and good luck
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete